September 17, 2009

Labor Day Weekend

For Labor Day weekend we got to go up to the mountains again. It was beautiful and very relaxing. We left Friday afternoon and Jill rode up with Scott and I. We dropped her off at my grandma's cabin and then continued on to Greer. On Saturday we made breakfast and the boys worked for a bit. Then we hung out and relaxed and had a giant birthday party, in keeping with the Cook tradition of writing poems for all the birthday people. My birthday was coming up and I got seriously spoiled. On Sunday we went to church in Springerville and then the boys gave Scott's dad a blessing since he was having surgery the following day. (Everything went well but he could still use your prayers.)

Scott and Macey ready for church.  This is his "cowboy" Sunday outfit.
Kari and Bree
Bree forgot she liked me so I tried to remind her the whole trip.  Victory!
Stealing on Sunday.  j/k the owners said we could have it. 

Then the fun wasn't over when we headed back down to Pine Top to my grandma's cabin. We played fun card games and relaxed on Sunday. My little cousin Ben started following Scott around and tried to figure out his "situation." He said: "Scott, where's your kids?" Scott responded with: "I don't have any kids yet." Then after a short pause Ben questioned him, "Do you have to be married to have kids?" Scott explained to him that yes indeed you do otherwise the baby wont have a mom and dad.  Then next time we were all together Ben was asked to give the prayer.  We all tried so hard not to giggle when he prayed "Please bless Scott and Tiffany, that they can have kids." :-)  The next morning grandma made us waffles and introduced us to fluffy oven pancakes. It was a yummy breakfast. Afterwords, Nicole, my mom, grandma, and Aunt Jeanine, and I went on a walk while Scott and the boys played football and pickleball. What a great trip!

Scott helping make breakfast.  Priceless.

On our way home, we had to turn around and go back to Greer.  We stopped at our favorite milkshake shop and later Scott found this old bridge on the side of the highway.

Ben.  Isn't he so cute?!

5 comments:

Stu and Angie Milne said...

how fun! you guys look great! that story made me laugh so hard, haha that's similar to what my little sister says every time we go over for dinner. love those little kiddos. do you remember seminary with brother mason and watching "kids say the darndest things?" love it!

Torgersons said...

I love Ben's prayer. Someday, Ben, someday! Once you have a baby you'll wonder what you ever did before with your time!

Jamielyn said...

how fun! I want to go up to the mountains and wear a jacket! :) I hop Ben's prayer comes true! Btw are you guys still moving?!

Kari said...

We had fun with you guys! Thanks again for turning around and grabbing the laptop! It'll take some time for us to live that one down! :) Breezy adores you!!

JoAnn said...

Oh, you gotta love that Ben! He is a crackup. I am sad we missed all the fun in Pinetop that weekend. Hopefully we will all get up there again soon.