July 11, 2010

So Much Pop Culture, So Little Time


This year for the 4th we went up to Greer. It was a great time. We watched Dear John in the loft: 1 Star. The story line was very slow and it was not very happy or funny.



Then Scott went to scout camp and I drove him with my family from Pinetop. Jill stayed the night at my house and we had a Sunny With A Chance marathon. It was awesome! 5 Stars. Hilarious, darling, and wholeseome. What more can you ask of a situation comedy for 10 year olds?!




While we were up at the cabin, I started reading the second book of the Hunger Games called Catching Fire. Probably everyone you know, or you yourself have read them. They have been compared to Twilight, and are soo good. I can't wait until August 24th when Mockingjay comes out. The Hunger Games: 4 Stars; Catching Fire: 3 Stars; Twilight: 5 Stars, (in the words of my sister, "given").




On Friday we went to see Despicable Me in 3-D. It was awesome. 4 1/2 Stars. Minus half a star for being a little too sad and putting small children in the "box of shame." I'm not sure if I want a minion or an Agnes more. : )

Minion. . .
or Agnes? Seriously can't decide!

We were lucky to have two date nights this weekend. On Saturday we triple dated with my sister and her friend. We went to the Country Club for dinner and then to see Eclipse: 3 stars, but you must see it anyway. Under the circumstances that Eclipse was one of my favorite books, I was disappointed. Lots of the sarcasm from the book was missing, but the scene of Bella and Jacob cuddling to keep her warm was great. My sister's date cracked up every time somebody ripped the head off of a newborn vampire. The Twilight Saga, movie style, will certainly not be winning any Academy Awards for special effects. P. S. Kari, don't be mad, I will see it again : )


5 comments:

Kari said...

Oh you saw it without me! It's a good thing I love you, I forgive you...:) as long as you go see it with me again! :) So glad you had a fun week with lots of dates!

Jenna Robert said...

Dustin and I LOVED Despicable Me. We are ready to see it again already.

nicole said...

im so disappointed with the lack of edward's personality :( it made it not so good! dear john one word GAY. seriously that ending sooooo dumb. i hate reality movies i just want a happy ending and a prince charming

Lauren said...

Hello, Tiffany? I'm almost positive that you were my efy counselor years ago in Thatcher, you were a stylist at Blossom Boutique and were the cutest thing ever? I think this is you!
if not, sorry! hope life is going great! and you're MARRIED!? hurray! i'll be married myself in 11 dayssss =)

Anonymous said...

haha I love your blogs!! And i love you!! I know we have sucked at getting together, but can we please try again?? pretty please?? maybe even dinner with the hubbys?