March 22, 2011

Travel Journal Day 1

In the year 2004 my family and lots of cousins went on an epic adventure in a rented mini van across the United States from Missouri to Illinois to look at church history sites.


They decided to continue part II of the story this spring break and Scott and I were lucky enough to be invited. This time our journey started in NYC! We woke up at the crack of dawn for Deanna to pick us up to take us to the airport. After many snacks and a layover later we arrived in NYC! We walked outside the airport and I was disappointed to learn I wouldn't be hailing a cab. There was already a line of them waiting. We drove to our hotel and after relaxing for a bit we hit the town. We got a ride to Grand Central Station and people watched for a while.



Then we walked over to the New York Library.


Then we walked to Carmine's an Italian place our NYC expert friend Melissa recommended. We waited at the bar with about 50 other people for our name to be called, but we had fun people watching and being away from the cold! Dinner was delicious.


After dinner we froze and walked around Times Square.

Then we did some shopping, and by we I mean I bought a I heart NY shirt for 5 dollars and Scott spent our life savings on "Westwood" orange and blue candy at the M&M store. Apparently he didn't read the sign that said approiximatey 1 million dollars per pound. Oh well we had fun in the store. When I bought my T shirt from a vendor on the street I asked if they had anything for babies. When they asked how old I pointed to my stomach and said "Not born yet!" They thought this was hilarious and told me it was too expensive so they didn't make baby stuff. When we were walking away one of them said, "Good luck with your baby!" and the other said, "Eat lots of ice cream!" : ) Noted, gentlemen.

Soon after the M&M episode we realized it was close to midnight and headed to our hotel for the night, to get ready for another fun day.

3 comments:

Torgersons said...

Look how cute and little Jill is in that picture! How fun that you got to go to NYC!! I'm jealous! The weird word that I have to type below is forsho (for sure gangsta style) HAHA!

Lauren said...

SO FUN! I Love NYC!

I {heart} Nap Time said...

lol this post made me laugh. I love that you scott spent your life savings on chocolate, and I love that the crazy man told you to eat more ice cream. haha. So jealous you got to go to NY. I want to see more pics please.