This past weekend we went up to Scott's parents' cabin in Greer. It was soooo nice to be cold enough to wear a jacket and relax.
Well the first day we didn't relax, we cleaned and worked outside. There were three truckloads of dead trees that we dumped . . . somewhere? Scott didn't come in from mowing the lawn until after dark! He wanted to have the chores done for when his siblings came up. I am in awe of the Cook family and their hard working abilities.
On Friday we went on a ranger ride and found the most gorgeous view of the Greer lakes and enjoyed the day not being at work or school.
Then on Saturday (Happy 4th!) We had a a yummy barbeque and 4th of July cake and to top it off a flag raising ceremony. Then we went on a walk to the pond. That night the fireworks didn't start until 9:00 so Scott and I were the only ones that made it this year. I love watching the fireworks. The gold, sparkly ones are my favorite. So we drove through Dairy Queen then watched the fireworks from our car. It was a great weekend.
My nieces Kesley and Macey
Scott and my BIL Joe decided to play leap frog on the way home from our walk. It didn't turn out so well. . .
But I did get this awesome action shot
During the BBQ Caleb snuck away to play in the stream. It was hilarious for those of us who didn't have to clean him up.
We painted Macey's nails firecracker red!
5 comments:
Its so pretty up there! Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! I love being up in the mountains! It was so good seeing you. We need to hang out soon
How fun! Looks amazing up there
fun pictures tiff..ps we are going to be moving pretty much accross the street from you. maybe we should make jack in the box runs.
Fun! Tiff, you're such a babe.
P.S. I wanted to make a cake like that for the 4th, but it didn't end up happening.
Fun! Tiff, you're such a babe.
P.S. I wanted to make a cake like that for the 4th, but it didn't end up happening.
Post a Comment