November 1, 2009

Happy Halloween with a Pumpkin Kiss!

Happy Halloween! We kicked off the festivities this year with a family party. Scott's parents decked out their house to be haunted and had everyone over for games including: body parts, putting stickers on pumpkins, donuts on a string, and even a cupcake walk! It was so much fun.

Doesn't the haunted house look like it belongs on a ride at Disneyland or something?! Fantastic.


Donuts on a string, love it!  I would have posted pictures of the girls but I think my sisters-in-law would literally murder me in my sleep if I did. :-)


Quite honestly I thought with the move we would not celebrate Halloween this year. So I figured for the family party that Scott and I could just be '50's and I could use a costume I wore in high school. However, Scott (and my 13-year-old brother Travis) refused to be anything except soccer players and I wanted us to match so costumes were a little stressful this year. So for the family party we didn't match and on real Halloween Scott was a soccer player and I was a referee.

On Halloween we went to Brett and Sarah's for a Thanksgiving dinner! Seriously, Michael deep fried a turkey, Melissa made yummy potatoes and it was delicious! Then we watched The Ring a.k.a the scariest movie ever and freaked ourselves out.  It was good times.  Thanks Brett and Sarah for the awesome party!  

Of course my camera died so we took zero pictures at the party, but I did steal this one from Picky-Palate of the cookies I made with Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kisses.  Yum yum!


In other news, every time I go to my mom's house during the day Travis is not at school.  The other day was no exception, but this time Kyle was home too.  They had just finished orthodontist appointments and Christmas music was blaring through the house.  They informed me "We're skipping Halloween and Thanksgiving this year and going straight to Christmas!"  I thought they were a little crazy, but I admit to being glad that Halloween is over and on to bigger and better holidays! ;-)

5 comments:

Jamielyn said...

I agree...moving on to better holidays! YAY!! Your Halloween party looked way fun! Love your sadies skirt! ;) Oh and I've always wanted to try those cookies, they look so pretty!

nate and amy crandell said...

cute costumes!!! and those cookies do look very very good :) you let me know if you ever bake some!

nicole said...

yumm yummy yummy cookies!

Colette said...

I love Christmas but my family got a little crazy this year. Travis and Jill carried up the Christmas tree from the basement and set it up the day after Halloween. When they fell asleep, I shoved it in the office and shut the door hoping I could put off Christmas a few more weeks.

Jenna Robert said...

Thanksgiving on Halloween? You're crasy! Can we decorate Ginger Bread Houses again this year? Double date? I want to see your house!