November 24, 2009

We're Thankful for our New House

We're all moved into our new house. Come and see us, no invitation needed! This move was much easier than our last one because we weren't crunched for time or trying to gut the whole place and remodel at the same time. We did get to re-carpet, re-paint, and put in new appliances among other fun changes. We decided to hire someone to paint the sections of the house that people actually see, and Scott and I decided to see if we could save some mullah and try our hand at painting the rest. My hand was not so good, so I painted the closet :-) I also got the pleasant job of running to the hardware store, I think it was 11 times in one day. On my last trip, someone was helping me and I asked him if 11 times was a record. He said, "Yeah, I thought I saw you in here today." So while I ran errands poor Scott painted the bedroom by himself. We were on crunch time to finish before the carpet arrived and he worked so hard, finishing literally as the carpet guy knocked on the door.
Scott also painted my study room/office and we let the painters finish the rest. On our first night here the only thing we had intact was our bed! We certainly had our priorities straight :-) It was a big project and is still not over but close. We are so gratefull this Thanksgiving season to be in our new house! Now on to the tour!

My cute Aunt Jeannine was so awesome to spend her day helping me decorate. She introduced me to Hobby Lobby where we picked up a few decorations. I'm kinda scared for our bank account that I discovered that store!
Super fun Kitchen!
It's so exciting to have a walk-in closet and a home for my shoes!

Still trying to figure out what to put above the bed. Any ideas?

Shortly after we were all moved in Scott made the comment that our house was kinda big for just two people. We've filled up the kitchen, living area, master bedroom, and are working on the garage. We also decided to be ridiculous and each have our own hang out room / ofiices until the rooms need to be filled with children. (This is not an announcement.) Both of these rooms are far from finished but here is the inspiration for my study room/office.
And this lovely material was going to be curtain in our previous kitchen, and will go just perfect in my new study room/office.
Scott's office has a big American flag hanging on one wall.
And will have some Guatemalan masks and other misson memorabilia on another wall. United States & Guatemala, does that really go together!? Not really, but it doesn't matter. He can do whatever he pleases in his office.
Also, in the spirit of Thanksgiving thanks so much Scott for all your hard work on our house, building me a closet, rewiring the electricity, and beautiful landscaping. Love you!

4 comments:

brownymama said...

Looks amazing! Can't wait to see it. I'm so happy for you two.

Torgersons said...

Good grief! That's so exciting! I love it! I also love that you both have hang out rooms. That's awesome :) My shoes need a home :( I'm jealous. How fun!

nate and amy crandell said...

how cute!!! and I'm so happy this was an easier move and also that you discovered hobby lobby!!!

Kristin said...

Congrats on the new house! I have been meaning to get your email address to send you an invite to our blog. YOu can send me an email through my profile too. Your new house is so cute. . .and a pool too! Hopefully you will be here a little longer than the last house.