February 28, 2010
Crrrrrunch!
Crrrrunch! This was the sound as our car hit the BMW in front of us. The airbags went off there was smoke everywhere. Scott asked if I was ok over and over. And i asked if he was. I picked up the ice cream I had been holding that had gotten flung in the commotion. We had time to say a quick prayer before we made sure everyone else was alright. Scott got out of the car to look at the damage and I just sat there in shock for a while. Finally the police officer came over and suggested that I get out of the car because I was coughing so much from the smoke from the airbag. We learned that nobody was seriously injured and that the car we hit was stopped in the road because a snowbird in front of him was trying to make a left hand turn over a double yellow in a moving lane! (I know, right) Well after filling out a bunch of paperwork and stating our version of the accident to the officer, our awesome home teacher came to pick us up and drive us home. Well I was going to post a picture of the smushed car, but it's still a little too close to home. Let's just say. . . it is totaled. So we are on the lookout for a new car if you know of any. We're both fine, just a little bumped and bruised, but we know we were watched over. I am so thankful for insurance and the coverage we had and am seriously ready to be a spokesperson for the importance of insurance : ) I am also thankful that nobody was hurt and for the power of prayer and that our prayer was answered that night.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I had no idea! Glad you're okay!
so glad everyone is ok!! that's gotta be the WORST noise in the world! good luck finding a few car!
So scary. I'm glad you're all okay and that you have insurance too!
Tiff I am so happy you guys are okay! That is super scary!!
oh my gosh!!! that is so scary I'm so glad you are okay!!!
Scary Tiff! I'm glad you guys are okay. Love you!
Car accidents are super scary but I am glad you guys are OK and nobody got badly hurt. :)
i'm sorry to hear that! thank goodness you're both okay! car accidents are the worst! let us know if you need anything!
Ugh, car accidents are no fun AT ALL! And that smoke from the airbags SUCKS!
Post a Comment