This recipe came from my old neighbor, Harumi, who is from Japan. I didn't get a chance to take a picture, because I was starving, and I need to work on my Picky-Palate food photography skills anyway.
Tonight I fixed Terriyaki chicken and veggies for dinner. I grilled 4 chicken breasts so that we could have some leftovers and I used steamables for the veggies, and served with rice. But really. . . "the secret's in the sauce." So here it is.
Harumi's Terriyaki Sauce
1/2 c. soy sauce
1 c. water
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. corn starch, with 1/3 c. water
Bring soy sauce, water, and sugar to a boil. Mix corn starch and water together and then add slowly to the mixture. Remove from heat and continue stirring until sauce thickens. Pour over chicken and enjoy!
Also Brittany, my BFF from high school, started a new recipe blog with lots of contributers, including me! Check out Basic Bites, all the recipes are taste tested and true.
Harumi's Terriyaki Sauce
1/2 c. soy sauce
1 c. water
1/4 c. sugar
1/4 c. corn starch, with 1/3 c. water
Bring soy sauce, water, and sugar to a boil. Mix corn starch and water together and then add slowly to the mixture. Remove from heat and continue stirring until sauce thickens. Pour over chicken and enjoy!
Also Brittany, my BFF from high school, started a new recipe blog with lots of contributers, including me! Check out Basic Bites, all the recipes are taste tested and true.
1 comment:
Tiff I love it!! I want to try it! You should for sure post this on our new website. Thanks for the promotion! Love ya!!!!
Post a Comment