September 15, 2010

Mockingjay

Sigh. Just finished at midnight last night, yup pretty much neglected the world around me. But, how could you not, with all that is going on in Panem!? Loved it, this was by far my favorite of the series. I’m a tough critic, because it bugs when the author doesn’t stay true to the characters or when romance comes out of nowhere, for example {enter tangent:} National Treasure: Fantastic movie, but when they are about to leave the cave and Benjamin and Abigail kiss, where did that come from!? There was no chemistry, or anything leading up to that moment, it was out of character. {End tangent.} Anyway, there wasn’t anything like that in the book. Somebody call me to chat about it. I have lots to say, but the burning question remains. . .


What should I read next? Any suggestions?


3 comments:

OurFamily said...

Those books are the next on my list!

I just finished The Forgotten Garden, i really think you would like it! i looooved it.

By the way, it's been a LONG time (umm black Friday maybe?) we should get together.

Deanna said...

Well, you know I disagree with you on your view of Mockingjay. I did not love it. That aside, you can call me to discuss whenever you have a break from work. I have also heard that the Forgotten Garden is good, but I have also heard it is not good. I read another Kate Morton book called the House at Riverton and I loved it. You should read that one. But the Forgotten Garden is on my list, maybe it should be a book club book. Don't read it after all!

Have you read the Mortal Instruments series? You would definitely love it. Go check it out.

Torgersons said...

Are you really currently reading Children of the Promise? Have you not read that series yet?! You will LOOOOOVE them if you haven't. Then you have to read the second series that's all about the children of the characters in the Children of the Promise...the Hearts of the Children series. Loved all of them.