We went to bed late last night expecting to wake up to just another Monday. After hitting snooze twice, I asked Scott if I should ditch my first class since my second one got canceled. He said, "No, probably not." We proceeded to lie in bed a while longer and I told him, "Too bad, I'm ditching." We got to sleep in later than usual and then woke up and made waffles. After breakfast we hung out and relaxed a while longer. Eventually Scott had to leave for work and I began to attempt my term paper. I soon tired of this idea and decided to go to the grocery store and make a fun dinner and dessert instead. Scott called and said he had left his wallet so I went and met up with him at the bank. Then I had to go to work. I've learned in the work world the only way to play hookey is to ask in advance :-) so I did have to work. Afterwords, I came home and started cooking dinner and getting set up to surprise Scott.
It was one of those days I was just thankful for my life and the little moments that added up to a special day. I got lots of things done, but nothing that I didn't want to. Everyone deserves to have a day off every once in a while. However, I am thankful for my day to day life. A wise person once said, "If every day were vacation day , it would become mundane and boring. So it's back to real life tomorrow and cracking down on my paper. :-)
I'm so thankful for this day off and think November 24th should be a new "Scott and Tiffany" holiday!
yum
9 comments:
Yay for Scott and Tiffany holiday! I'm totally celebrating it next year. Don't let me forget. Sounds like a fun time, and that fruit pizza looks delicious!
Lets consider it a National Holiday! Your so funny tiffany, I wanna try this out now for myself! Thanks for the inspiration:)
You are darling Tiff. I'm glad you plaid hookey! I'm so glad you are enjoying the newlywed life. What a great wifey you are!
Totally check out our cool blog!
Love ya sista!
Yummy dessert! Joe saw me looking at the pic and say, "oo, I want THAT!"
You are such a sweet girl! I love how you and Scott love eachother!
Tiffany, wow Scott is one lucky guy! I can't even tell you the gross dinners David had to eat the first few years we were married before I figured out using every spice in the spice wheel from our wedding gift, is not always the best way to cook.
Crazy I found you guys...I have no idea how or through who's blog. I am so glad I did though so I can keep up with what's going on with you! :) Sounds like all is going well!
All we can say is "Scott is one lucky guy." Thanks for loving our son so much. You are so sweet and this is just one of the reasons that he loves and adores you.
Post a Comment