Traveling the World, of course!
I know it's been forever since our last post! We've been so busy. We got to go on a fabulous Caribbean cruise. Wen went with Scott's parents, four siblings and one sweet baby niece. We had so much fun!
Getting there
The first night we flew into West Palm Beach, Florida. After cramming eight of the total group of thirteen into a mini van, we drove to our hotel and then to a midnight dinner at IHOP. I think Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen said it best, "Half the fun is getting there."
Poor Ryan we made him ride in the trunk
First Day
The next day we woke up and drove to port. The Royal Princess was humongous and so beautiful. I thought I was aboard the Titanic! After leaving port, we hung out for a little bit and then went to dinner. We got very well acquainted with our adorable waitress and our many courses of food and dessert over the whole trip. After dinner we watched a show and explored the ship. I did get a little sea sick, but thank goodness it passed.
Scott had a strange desire to jump overboard.
Exploring the ship at night
The Bahamas!
Our first stop was Princess' own island, Princess Cayes, Bahamas. The water was gorgeous clear, blue and the beaches sandy white, just like a postcard. When we first got there, some of the group rented goggles and explored the ocean. The rest of us relaxed on the beach. Then we spent to rest of the day hanging out.
A day at sea
The next day we got up and ate breakfast and hung out by the pool and relaxed all day. That night we dressed up for dinner and pretended we were secret agents when we walked in. That night, we went to a comedy show. Here was my favorite joke: "I was in the car with my five kids on a road trip and we started playing that license plate game finding the furthest one away. I offered $2.00 to the winner. My son said $3.00, I said $1.00, my daughters got involved so we ended up on $4.00. The kids hollered out for a while saying, 'I see Maryland, I see New York.' Finally, I heard my four-year-old daughter pipe up in the back seat. 'Give me the money! I win. That car is from Saturn." It reminded me of my little sister, Jill and how she really is the boss. After that, I somehow got talked into singing Karaoke. Good times.
You thought I was joking, didn't you?
The whole gang at dinner
St. Maarten
Our second "port of call" was St. Maarten. At this stop we rode jet-skis and drank pina coladas and shopped around. That night we went to a late night party on the top deck and had fun trying to get on Princess TV!
St. Thomas
This day was by far my favorite one. It was, as my father-in-law would say, "A ten." We docked at St. Thomas, U. S. virgin islands and along with two of Scott's siblings and their spouses, immediately rented scooters. We had fun trying to learn how to ride and driving on the "wrong" side of the road! The six of us drove as far as the highway would let us and the view of the island was gorgeous. After giving ourselves a tour, we rode to Megan's Bay, which is one of the top ten beaches in the world. It was so pretty. We swam around for a while and relaxed on the beach. Then we got a milkshake at a little stand in the middle of nowhere and then hit up some shopping before we had to return our scooters.
All the girls at dinner.
Last port of call: Grand Turks, Kaikos
Our last stop before we came home was Grand Turks, Kaikos. We got off the ship and took a van ride further inland to the beach. Once we were there we hooked up with one of the locals who took us snorkeling. I was so nervous but it was pretty cool.
Going home
After docking back in Florida, we had a few hours to kill and had fun playing in a little ice cream store. Then we had a two hour layover in Georgia where Ryan convinced us to ride the tram around. It was such a fantastic trip and so fun to get to know my new family better. We had fun relaxing and hanging out.
Baby Bree
And here is the star of the trip. . . baby Bree. She was so much fun to have on the trip. Just two days after coming home she was diagnosed with a rare form of cancer. Please keep her and her family in your prayers.
16 comments:
Oh my gosh Tiffany you are soo cute!! I love the picture of you and Scott at the beach and you have a pink hat on..so classic:) We need to all get together sometime!
It looked like you had so much fun on your cruise! I am so jealous! We need to get together soon!
Tiff- I am so happy that you have this amazing family in your life. You sure picked a good one.
Who would have guessed you were so adventurous!! Snorkling, scooters, karaoke?? What an amazing trip.
WOW how amazing! that trip seems like a dream! You guys are the cutest couple!
Wow, sounds like a super fun time! Sister-in-laws are super fun.
Tiffany, I'm glad someone finally posted about our cruise. It's been a rough couple of weeks. You got some great shots. We loved getting to know you better and can totally see why Scott fell hopelessly in love with you. We love you too! I think Scott stands in the background now as you are the ham of the family. Let's keep picturing our darling Bree on the cruise and not the chemo she is having to go through. Then when the chemo is over we'll have another family trip to celebrate at the cabin. Anyone reading this blog, please pray for our Angel Baby Bree that you see in the pictures.
Yay for your new post!! I want to go on a cruise. You are so lucky! You look adorable as always. Love ya tIf.
JOdi
Tiffany i love your life!!! I'm so excited to see you at Christmas! I can't wait!
hey tiffany!
I stumbled across your blog! how are you doing?!
hows married life treatin' ya?!
-Rheannan
Congrats on getting hitched! He's a cutie! =) I miss you we need to get together and do lunch sometime. Brooke Nelson
cute pictures! i am still skeptical about the whole "out in the middle of a HUGE ocean on a ship" BUT it looks like soo much fun! someday..ps i wanna see your new hair.
thanks! I am having so much fun!
Cosmetology school is so great. I am really loving it! :)
glad to hear that you are loving the married life.
So whats new?
are you working?
I dont know if you remeber me but i helped amy jo take your reception pictures..And i also went to high school with scott! Just letting you know that your little neice bree has been in our prayers. Hope marriage is going good.. Its the best!
Glad to see someone has posted about our cruise! Maybe I'll get to it sometime in the near future. So glad you and Scottie are married. It was so fun to get to know you better on the cruise. We all love you to pieces. But... you went and posted a horrible picture of me and Ryan on the tram! Too bad you never look horrible. It'd be impossible to try pay back with an awful picture of you! (: Love ya!!
I had so much fun with you on that trip! We had a great time, I wish we could drink those milkshakes everyday! I miss seeing you all the time now that we are not right down the hall from each other. You got some really great pictures send me your copies they are much better than mine!
Yeah, you posted too! Now I can copy pics of the trip from you and Angies blog! It was a really fun trip and it was fun getting to spend time with you . Scott's a lucky guy to have won you over!
Post a Comment