First of all, our home did not close on the day it was supposed to, which is fine, right?, except we were supposed to be out of our apartment by last Sunday. The day before we finally did close our future neighbor called and said, "I just thought you might like to know there is water coming out your front door." The people who are renting above us mistakenly turned our water on, thinking it was theirs. And our latest discovery was mold in the ceiling. Yuck!
In Elementary school we had these little happy graham awards called Braggin' Dragons that the kids got for being extra awesome. If I had one, I would give it to Scott. He has worked so hard. He pushed very hard for us to close on time and kept tabs on where the paperwork was so we could sign as soon as possible. Then he worked his magic and convinced the landlord to let us live in our apartment just a little longer, even though another family was planning to come in on the day we were supposed to leave. On the day of our flood we were on our way to ASU to go to my award ceremony for my scholarship. We had to turn around and he managed to get the flood situation under control and still come support me in my award.
Last night, Justin and Aubry came over to help us with our electricity. (Thanks Justin for your help and Aubry for keeping me company and letting us borrow your husband!) I was in the back room studying, and eventually fell asleep on my make-shift bed of a towel and a purse for my pillow. Don't feel bad for me and my little 'bed' because Scott and Justin worked on our electricity until two in the morning, then he apologized to me for keeping me so late, when I was the one napping and HE was working. Then he came home and slept for a couple hours and got up again to finish painting and then took our tile over in two different trips.
Scott has spent so many hours of hard work and late nights getting our home ready, fixing problems, still managing to do his real work, and not to mention putting up with my craziness like packing in the middle of the night because I can't sleep and studying for finals. Thanks for making our home beautiful Scott and for all your hard work. You're the bomb and I love you!
Also thank you a million times to our friends and family for your help this project would be impossible without you!
3 comments:
How exciting! I want pictures!
yay congrats! i'm sure you're sooo excited for a house! what a good husband too :)
so exciting you guys are almost done! Post pictures soon!
Post a Comment