May 31, 2009

pioneer trek

We had the greatest time last week on a pioneer trek with our old stake.  It is a little difficult to put into words all the amazing things that happen at a youth conference.  The experience gave me a deeper understanding and appreciation for the things my pioneer ancestors did for me as well as a reminder of Heavenly Father's continual hand in my life.  There were lots of adventures, including having it pour on us!   Overall it was definitely worth it and a great experience.  Here's a few lines from our new favorite song "Somewhere there's a mountain" written by Jason Deere.

Somewhere there’s a mountain
I heard the prophet say
That we’ll build a home there
And never have to go away

It’s a long, long way to walk
But one day I’ll climb to the top

And that’s where I’ll find Jesus
And when I see Him smile
I’ll put my arms around him
It will be worth every mile.


Let the adventure begin!
Our 'family' pulling the handcart.
Relaxing by the brook.

4 comments:

Grandma and Grandpa cook said...

Sounds like you had a great experience on your trek. Can you imagine doing it for weeks and months? We're glad you got to have this experience to gain a greater appreciation for our pioneers.

nate and amy crandell said...

gotta love the trek! you guys are so cute, hope you can make it this weekend to our party :)

Torgersons said...

How completely awesome! I loved my pioneer trek I went on as a youth. I'm sure it was even more awesome as a married "ma" and "pa."

thebigcookiefam said...

OK seriously you are not supposed to look that beautiful when you are on a trek.