August 23, 2009

Girl's Night & Jester'z

Last week we celebrated both Christmas and Mother's Day in August!  For starters, for Mother's Day my sister-in-laws and I had planned to take my mother-in-law to a fun hotel for the evening.  The first time everyone could get together was August so we went to The Squaw Peak Hilton.  We drove together and then relaxed for a while. Alisa decided that while we were away we should do something "memorable." It quickly became the theme of the get-away. Next, we went to dinner.  We found this new place called True Food Kitchen.  
Everything was organic and healthy. I have to admit I was a little scared, however it ended up being really yummy. I would definitely recommend it.

After dinner we had some time to kill before our movie so we shopped around the Biltmore Fashion Park. We wanted to do something "memorable" so my sister-in-law Alisa ran up the down escalator. She was about halfway up when a Macy's worker started coming down and then scolded Alisa like she was 12 years old. We could not stop laughing.

We decided to see Julie & Julia. The movie didn't start until 10:00 and half of us were already sleepy.

It had the adorable Amy Adams in it so it had potential, but the final verdict from all of us was: cute, but about half an hour too long. If you do venture out to see it, I would strongly advise leaving the husbands at home for this one.

We returned to our hotel room and when it was time for bed Angie and I reluctantly volunteered to sleep on the pull out couch. It felt like this:


j/k we were actually so tired we fell right to sleep. In the morning I told her "I did have to fight with you for the covers in the night, but that is no different than home" :-) It was definitely "memorable."

The next morning we went to breakfast and then hit the shops for a little while. We had to hurry to pick up our husbands because the fun had only begun!

For our Christmas present, Scott's parents wanted to take everyone to dinner and Jester'z for the evening. At the time my little niece was battling Neuroblastoma cancer. She is now in remission!!! So this was the first time we could all get together.

I picked up Scott and we all met for dinner at Carrabba's.

After dinner we walked outside only to find that a motor home was picking us up so we could all drive together.  We had to stop by a couple weddings on the way.  My cousin Brady married his darling wife Sammi the week before in the Salt Lake Temple.  They came to Arizona for an open house.
This is my cousin Cam.  He just returned home for a mission in Argentina.  Any takers? ;-)


Sammi.  Isn't her dress the cutest?





Alisa and I both wore our yellow heels.  Love it!
Unfortunately, this is the only picture of all of us and the motor home.  I was a picture slacker.

8 comments:

Emily and Estevan said...

your yellow heels are SOOO cute! Where did you get them!

Jamielyn said...

So fun! I love Jesterz! Although one time I was there and someone proposed...LAMO! Oh and I love the yellow heels! Hope you guys have a fun day for Scott's Birthday!

Colette said...

Can the Cook family adopt me :) So much fun!!

brownymama said...

Loved your post! It was all a lot of fun wasn't it?!

nate and amy crandell said...

Last night was really fun! I love the way you decorated your house you guys did a really awesome job on it!

Kari said...

It was definitely "memorable!" Can't wait for our next girls night!

Brady and Brittany said...

haha sounds fun!! and yes I think that Brady's wife's dress is the cutest...it's the same as mine! :)

Grandma and Grandpa cook said...

Thanks to all you girls for a great memory of our girl's night out!