August 4, 2009

Princess Academy

Last week my aunt Jodi and I  drove up to Payson for my mom's girls camp.  Their theme this year was Princesses, so Jodi and I got to teach at the "Princess Academy."  We taught a class on modesty and then of course put on a Blossom fashion show.  It was so fun to be up in the cool weather and with the cute girls.  But we did have our adventures getting there.  After driving all over the city picking up some last minute things for my mom and making sure I knew exactly what I was going to say I went and picked up Jodi.  It probably goes without saying that we were melting by the time we had the car loaded and couldn't wait to get out of the heat.  

Ok flashback.  2 years ago Jodi and I went on a trip for her salon.  We stopped to get some lunch and then were back on the road.  We were talking and excited when I realized, oh no.  I left my phone at the restaurant.  Oh no!  We had to turn around after already being an hour on the road.  

Ok flash forward.  So we are on the road and going over what each of us is going to say for Princess Academy.  We had been on the road for 20 minutes when all of the sudden I said, "Do we have the Blossom clothes?" We realized that we didn't.  Oh no, what a disaster.  So we called my uncle Mark and he met us with the bag of clothes.  Wonderful!  The only problem was that now we were cutting it very close.  We barely made it on time, and got there just as the activity before was finishing.  So Jodi changed in the car while I drove and then we hurried to set up our cute display of about a million shoes.

After giving the class three times we cleaned up and ate dinner with all the girls and my mom then drove home.  It was a great day event to be a part of and I'm pretty sure all the girls camp girls loved it.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

haha oh tiff! and were you talking about OUR uncle mark? i saw him up at the cabin for the first time in years!

nate and amy crandell said...

haha you are so cute! I bet the girls loved your presentation can I have the presentation sometime too!

Torgersons said...

I never did anything that fun at girls camp ever! I'm sure the girls adored you and Jodi. How fun!

Jamielyn said...

how fun! haha I totally ALWAYS forget things and it makes my family so mad!

Brady and Brittany said...

Tiff I love it!! I know I would have loved if they came and did that for us when we were at girls camp! I miss you!

Angie Milne said...

that sounds so fun! is your hair darker here tiff? cute cute!

Colette said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Colette said...

Tiff and Jodi will be on the professional YW speaking tour soon. I'm glad I'm related to famous people. You did such a great job. The girls LOVED your class and the headbands you gave them. The leaders loved the spirit you brought. Thanks for helping me out. Mom