August 13, 2009

Target date night, talk in church, revenge of the birds

On Friday we were in desperate need of groceries and other things like that.  So we began our date night at Target.

I was obviously really excited.
Scott was not so much

The following is what happens when you have date night at Target.

After that we went to the grocery store and then spent 30 minutes in the video store agreeing on a movie to watch.  It seems there was nothing.  Does anyone have any great rental suggestions?  We were giving up and I was already waiting in the car when Scott came out with . . . Race to With Mountain.  


Someone had just returned a copy. The movie was pretty cute if you ask me. We came home and enjoyed the movie and some homemade ice cream. We are pretty much bomb at making cookies 'n cream ice cream. Ask us to make it for you sometime.

On Sunday Scott and I both spoke in church. I was nervous but it went pretty well.

Then the next day Scott woke up super early and drove to Flagstaff for the Cardinal's Football Camp.


In case you didn't understand from The Superbowl Post Scott is the Cardinal's #1 fan. (His brother used to be tied but he recently renounced his title.) Soon into the day I got the following text: Snuck into skydome next to locker room tunnel. Got Q's, DRC, Wilson signatures on mini helmet. Talked to Spach, Rolle, Haggans, Francisco, Sendlein. Right before got kicked out got Warner's! In English this means he snuck into the locker room and got a bunch of important players autographs on his miniature Cardinal's helmet that he got for purchasing a Cardinal's credit card. (obsessed, I know) He came home exhausted and sunburned and so excited. It's fun to see him get excited about something, because unlike me that this happens every day, it's not quite so often for him. Go Cards!

8 comments:

Angie Milne said...

you can make me some cookies and cream ice cream anytime! :) cut cute church outfit!

nate and amy crandell said...

hahaha I can't believe Scott broke into the locker room!!! and of course you can make us some cookies and cream ice cream :)

Rheannan said...

Cookies and cream! Yum! As for rentals- I'm a huge fan of redbox! One dollar a night, its perfect for at home date nights!

Brady and Brittany said...

haha Tiff I love this post!! I love how Scott loves the cardinals. My favorite part is when you talked about how he doesn't get excited often and you do every day. That is the story of my life!!! I miss you!

Torgersons said...

1. The video is HILARIOUS. HAHAHAHAHAH What husbands do to entertain themselves at Target.
2. I absolutely LOVE Target date nights. Dan despises them. Our husbands should be friends.
3. Teach me how to make cookies and cream ice cream.
4. You looked super cute for your talk, and that's the most important part. I'm sure the talk was awesome too!
5. I've been wanting to see Escape to Witch Mountain! You've convinced me.
6. Go Cardinals! Unfortunately I could care less about football. I'll cheer for the Cards.
7. Love you! I can't wait to see you in two weeks!! YAY!

Jamielyn said...

I love target nights and especially homemade icecream! Let's see the movies we've watched this last month are 17 again, The proposal, and The Pelican Brief. I thought they were all good! :)

Jenna Robert said...

Geez louise I didn't know my entire Allen family was talking on Sunday. Wish I could've watched you! Let's play soon!

Whitney said...

Oh I just love a good target run. Probably too much seeing how I always come home with more things then I intended. Zach loves it too.:) can we please get together!!