December 15, 2009

A Day in the Life. . . football and hair dos

So Scott and I have very different interests.  I think maybe that goes without saying.  Last night we had a fun party watching the Cardinal's embarrass themselves on Monday night football. And by watching the Cardinal's I mean Scott and the boys watching and me chatting/holding Deanna's adorable baby.  So this morning I celebrated being done with school by sleeping in.  Yay!  When Scott and I sat down to lunch he said told me had something serious to discuss with me.  Here was our conversation.

Football:


S: I have something serious I need to discuss with you.  You know how I don't like the Cardinal's anymore?
T: What?! Since when.
S: Since last night when they disappointed me.  Haha just kidding.  So hypothetically if I were to get a Cardinal's jersey, whose would I get?
T: I don't know. Why would you get a jersey if you don't like them anymore?
S: Because I need to use my credit card points.  So here's what I'm thinking.  Warner? I don't know because he probably won't be playing for that much longer.  Plus, it's like everyone has him, you know?  Wilson?  Well, he hits almost as hard as me, he's one of my favorite players, and he's been loyal to the Cardinals.  But it's like, do I really want Wilson? I don't know.
T: (Trying to wrap up this conversation?)  What about Fitzgerald?
S: I haven't gotten there yet. HIghtower? Plays hard, underdog, but he fumbles too much and probably won't even start anymore. Fitzgerald? He's awesome, but everyone has a Fitzgerald jersey and it's mostly people that don't know football.
T: Yeah well, I mean since you are the Cardinal's honorary manager you shouldn't get the one that everyone went out and bought last year just because the Cardinal's went to the Super bowl. What does Justin think?
S: (Tells me the long e-mail of what Justin thinks.)
T: Sweet. yeah, get Wilson since he's your favorite, and Justin thinks it's a good idea. So do you want to hear my problem?
Hair dos:

S: sure. (already losing interest)
T: See, I want my hair to have volume and be smooth.
S: Well, how do you do that?
T: I don't know, because I tried blow drying it today with a round brush, but then it was frizzy so I had to use the flat iron, now it's flat like always.  I think the blow dryer helped a little, but I don't know.
S: Well how do you get hair like the girls on the commercials?
T: I don't know, maybe just use lots of shine spray? (thinking, if I knew how to get hair like the girls on the commercials, would I be having this problem?)


hahaha good times.  This is what I like to call trying to understand your spouse's interests.  :-)

7 comments:

Torgersons said...

That was funny. Once you figure out how to get shiny AND voluminous hair, will you please tell me? I have yet to figure it out.

Anonymous said...

haha I could so picture this conversation going on. I love you both!

Jenna Robert said...

HAHA You got me LOLing through this- "I want my hair to be shiny ANNND have volume" and then Scotts comment about the hair on the commercials. Tiff, you did a way better job of talking football than I ever would!

Kari said...

love your conversation! Sounds like the ones we have a lot too! Football, basketball vs. kids schedules and outfits! You are too cute Tiff! I hope you I get to see you on Thursday at the office party!

Colette said...

At least you weren't trying to pick out a Cardinal jersey and Scott worried about his smooth/volume hair problem. Now that would have been scary!

nicole said...

"people who dont know football get fitzgerald" and its the one name you came up with. haha. but its also who i was for halloween. tiff i love you blogs so i can be reminded why we are sisters.

Whitney said...

ha ha ha!! You are nice to listen. When Zach talks football to me I daze off and just repeatedly say uh huh. About the hair. You like me have longer hair and that means volume bye bye. I have really taken a liking to Big Sexy hair's root pump plus. I spray it on to the roots of my hair before blow drying and then blow dry upside down. the I flat iron it and it still has volume.