December 30, 2009

Simply Having a Wonderful Christmastime!

We hope you had a fabulous Christmas!  It truly is the most wonderful time of the year!  Does anyone else kind of get a Christmas "hangover" when it is over and wish it could be Christmas al the time?!  Oh, I'm the only crazy one, well anyway, here's a recap of our joyous festivities:

Scott's high school friends have a long standing tradition of having a party on Christmas Eve-Eve.  This year we had it early because some people were going out of town.  Nonetheless, it was tons of fun.  Of course, we had a White Elephant gift exchange.  The most fought over item was. . . yup.  A unicorn costume.  Gotta love it!
Baby Raegan in her manger.  Oh, you're wondering if I live vicariously through Deanna's baby? Absolutely!

On the real Christmas Eve-Eve, I borrowed Jill for the day.  She helped me make yummy green salsa for Scott's siblings.  She was my little Christmas elf helper!
That night, we headed to my grandma's for dinner and the nativity.  I don't know what number of Allen family nativity this was, but I don't think it would be exaggerating to say 25.  My cousin's kids were the stars, and with some crowd control help from Aunt Denise and Grandma reading the final lines, it was a four generation nativity!
Nicole, Scott, me, and Rachelle.
Aunt Denise put on a Christmas movie trivia game.  She might have cussed quoting one of the movies.  It was awesome.  Nicole won the game,  (given) and her prize was A Boyfriend for Christmas.  Seriously, she was stoked!
Growing up, we used to use these bells with mallots every Christmas Eve while singing Christmas songs.  We were able to keep up with that tradition.  Doesn't it look like so much fun?!  The night concluded with a Christmas devotional by my cousin John, and some yummy dessert.  It was great to be together with all the family.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Dear Blogging friend, we cannot leave it up to our husbands. They stink. Therefore... Im going to plan a get together with everyone and I will tell YOU about it. Whats your email?

Jenna Robert said...

Christmas eve-eve was great, wasn't it? Especially the part when Denise cussed. She's the cool aunt! hahaah!