March 10, 2010

It's a great day!. . . At Chic-fil-A

Chic-fil-A is wonderful.  And bonus the greatest things always happen to me there.  I have fond memories of going to the one at Fiesta Mall (back in the good ol' days before it turned ghetto) when I was a little girl.  The first time I discovered that Chic-fil-A was not only at the mall, I was with my mom and sister.  Scott had just broken up with me and I was on the verge of depressed.  We were out shopping at San Tan and we decided to get some lunch.  We drove up to Chic-fil-A and the girl at the window said, "It's a great day at Chic-fil-A this is Barbie how may I help you?"  Well needless to say, we were beside ourselves laughing and my sadness melted away.  We were being served by Chic-fil-A Barbie!  My next experience happened a while ago.  The drive through window guy greeted me with the classic greeting and was just so happy.  Then he was really chatty and friendly at the window.  He made me feel happy so I told him that I would call and brag about him.  Well as I drove away, he forgot part of my order so I clearly couldn't brag about him, but I was still happy.  Then yesterday I was greeted by yet another friendly worker.  This time as I pulled up to the window, I couldn't find my wallet.  So I pulled around while searching in my backpack.  I handed the worker my money and when I did he said, "Oh take your time, I don't mind looking at you all day." Oh my goodness!  This was the first time in my married career anyone has said something like that to me.  So I was completely shocked.  And what did I do?! I did not flash my bling or even tell him I'm married, I did not say I was offended.  I just flat out ignored him and pretended nothing happened! So I took my chicken nuggets and drove away laughing, not sure whether to be flattered, or grossed out by his creepy mustache : ) 

8 comments:

Emily and Estevan said...

Tiffany, this cracked me up! My sister and I just went to Chick Fil A yesterday actually! My sister and I couldn't decide what we wanted and when we asked Savannah, she said nuggets, so off we went to Chick-Fil-A. However, they forgot her nuggets in the drive thru, so we had to turn around and get them!

Whitney said...

I LOVE CHICK FIL A!!! seriously they have the best lemonade known to man. I could eat there everyday. I do like their greeting. I always feel so much happier.

Scott Cook - Realtor said...

Chick-Fil-A. Mustache. Drive through attendent. This man is going to get a beating!

Brady and Brittany said...

Haha Tiff I love it!!! I remember when the Chick-fil-A opened by Tempe Market Place and we went there on the opening day (random) and they were like waiting on us like servers!! It was amazing. They kept saying "My pleasure." I was happy too :)

Deanna said...

I agree about the lemonade.... delicious. I also remember going there at Fiesta Mall pre-ghetto. Now I only go to the one at Riverview and I am always amazed at how happy all the workers are. They are all very smiley and super excited about life. I love it. What I don't love? There sandwiches. they taste weird. I love the nuggets, but that's about it.

Colette said...

Chick-fil-A was the best mall treat for little kids in the stroller cuz I could stick the chicken nugget on the toothpick (the one I used to 'sample' the chicken nugget just minutes earlier). It always gave me an extra 30 minutes of shopping time before toddler of the day tried to crawl out of the stroller. Great Fiesta Mall memories!!

nicole said...

oh barbie remember pedro too!

Torgersons said...

I'm surprised men don't tell you you're hot all the time. But, I would have ignored too. And probably have been a little freaked out, especially if he had a scum-stache. Ew. Nonetheless, that place is delicious!