November 16, 2010

As promised

Let's be honest, Carrie would look gorgeous in a brown paper bag. Nonetheless, it is fun to critique.

1. Grand Red Carpet Entrance.
And grand it was. This dress had potential, but in the end, it was just too much. Oh Carrie, the idea is tiny waist, curvy shoulders and hips, not tiny shoulders and hips with a big waist!

2. Opening number.
Carrie opened the show singing "Songs Like This." Not a super memorable outfit, but the military jacket is fun and, of course, on trend for fall!

This dress was the perfect amount of sassiness, femininity, and a touch of scandal. : ) One of my faves. The opening introduction was one of the best parts of the show and I loved when Brad Paisley sang Lady Gaga.
P.S. Do you know why Carrie is such a fabulous host? She graduated in Communication. : )



Despite accusations of dressing as the cake for Miranda Lambert's 27th birthday
I liked this one.

4. Tip me over and pour me out.
Although I love the color on her, the "I'm a little teapot" silhouette was not my fave. Maybe she was trying to make her legs look teeny tiny. Goal achieved.

You can't tell me this dress doesn't remind you of fellow idol Brooke White when she sang The Beatles. This dress is cute enough, and I love the headband braid, but it's a too understated for an award's show. She looks more like she's going to the beach.
7. Purple people eater.
Or should I say, Purple Carrie eater. Little girl, big dress. Enough said.
8. Creamy dreamy.
Don't hate me, but this is was my favorite of the night. Love the sweepy hair do, love the fairy princess dress, love the sassy shoes.

Which look did you like best?

2 comments:

MeL said...

I LOVE the frost yourself one, and am trying to figure out 1. how I can get a dress like that and make it G-friendly, 2. How I can get legs like here STAT, and 3. When I would ever have the occasion to wear such a dress and how in the world I could think that I could pull it off! But I agree, Carrie could look good in anything!

P.S. Thank you for being my personal style guide. I recently told my sister, according to my cute friend Tiffany, jewel tones are in this season. So thanks, even if I personally lack style, I at least know what I should be buying if I ever went shopping!

Colette said...

Finally had a chance to watch part of the CMA's today--the perks of the flu is getting caught up on TV shows. What's your fav songs? So far I'm down loading: George Strait-The Breath You take (almost cried); Zac Brown Band-As She's Walking Away. I still have 1 more hour to watch. BTW-Is there anyone cuter than Carrie Underwood? I don't think so.