December 29, 2010

A Few of My Favorite Things: 1st Trimester Edition

1. This book.
My sis in-law who is having a baby cousin with us recommended this book to me and I have been loving it!
2. Flinstone Vitamins.
Did you know your baby has all the folic acid they need for development within the first nine weeks? I was so relieved when my doctor told me I could switch from the huge pre natal pills to these. And the red ones are kinda yummy!
3. Prenatal Yoga.
I've really loved yoga for exercise since I'm not quite feeling up to going to the gym these days. And it's entertaining when Scott mocks me and then asks if he's "messing up my yen." Let's be honest I mock myself when she says, "Place one hand on your heart, and one on your growing baby."

4. Sprite.
After giving up pop altogether pre-pregnancy, this became my lifesaver to settle my stomach.

5. Ten o' clock.
After years of being a night owl, I now turn into a pumpkin at 10 o clock. Either that or get sick. This is my new bedtime. Love it!
6. Neutrogena nightly cleanser.
I have yet to see the "pregnancy glow" and have just broken out like a twelve year old. This wash has been great, and is infused with lavender to stop my racing mind at bedtime.

I'm so looking forward to the next 12 weeks. Find out what we're having, morning sickness fades, and stopping the "Is she pregnant or just chubby?" What were your must-haves for all 3 trimesters?

8 comments:

Nicole said...

i love that you turn into a pumpkin! i bet scott is happy

nate and amy crandell said...

yep I'm loving all those things too :) I seriously can't wait for you to find out! Did you still want all boys so you could be the princess of the fam.? ANDDD most important questions do you have names!!? you have to tell me-I'm not a stealer :)

Jenna Robert said...

You are going to be the cutest preggers woman ever. I can't wait to see it!

Becca said...

Exercising is so hard when you're pregnant!! But I loved the pregnancy workout videos from Moms Into Fitness- they have a different video for each trimester. I did them until I got put on bed rest and it helped with the aches and pains. There's cardio and yoga on each DVD and when I was too sick or tired for cardio, I just did yoga and it really helped me feel better.

Becca said...

Here's the link if you're interested:
http://www.momsintofitness.com/dvds/lindsay-brin-complete-pregnancy-fitness-program

(It also comes with a Bootcamp video for after baby to get your body back with an 8 week program- that's my favorite of all!)

Colette said...

Love the post. Sometimes do you want to say--My too 'cited. Like you did when you were little.

Jill asked if we could make a chain to count down til your baby comes, like we did for Christmas. Can you just see us with 190 paper links around the house :). I told her maybe she could make one and give it to you to keep at your house. I know, so thoughtful of me!!

Kari said...

You are the cutest Tiff! I'll have to try the lavendar wash, that sounds nice. :) I didnt know about the vitamin switch. Good to know. Love ya

Emily Frandsen said...

so, i know that this post is a little old, but in case you happen to check it, let me just say that i have that same prenatal yoga dvd and i love it. that is the only workout i could do while i was pregnant that wouldn't make me extremely sick the next day. i'd also add two more things to your list: oranges and french fries. two things i ate in enormous amounts while i was pregnant :)