Neon makes makes me so happy and takes me back to my favorite Crayola markers of "shocking pink" and "electric blue."

However, it can be a hard one to pull off. Especially under certain conditions, both of which apply to me.
#1. Redheads
#2. Fair-skin
So I did a little research and here are some tips I came up with that apply to everyone.
1. Follow your skin tone.
Those with warm skin tones, and honey blonde, red, or chestnut brown hair will look best in oranges, warm pinks, and aquas.
Those with cool undertones, black, champagne or platinum blonde, or caramel brown hair will look best in blues, yellows, and pinks.
2. Pair neon with neutral.

Any neutral, including black, will do but I am liking it best with the softer beiges and blushes of the season.
3. Color block
This is a very hot trend, but be warned you'll get lots of attention.
4. Practice strategic dressing

Wear your less flattering colors away from your face.
5. Start with an accessory.
A bag.

A shoe.

A belt.

are the perfect ways to add a splash of color to your wardrobe.
6. Incorporate make-up
A pink blush.
An orange lip.

Blue polish

are great non-commital ways to incorporate this look!




3 comments:
i'm LOVING neon also! i keep getting tempted to do all of my baby's nursery in neon colors, but i think that might be a little too stimulating for her :)
It looks like I'll be sporting the neon orange. :) I love your fashion posts!
Thanks for breaking it down for us.
Post a Comment