May 2, 2010

The Hot-ness Factor

Do you ever have those days when you are like "Wow husband, your hot-ness factor just increased a lot?" Well on Friday Scott reluctantly agreed to go to a Sign Language presentation with me. . . in central Phoenix.  We watched for a little while and then had to hurry off to a reception.  We were on the road when we heard a noise.  Scott wondered if we had hit something with the tire.  We continued driving until we were out of the ghetto and then Scott pulled over and as he walked to the front passenger side he literally watched the air go out of the tire until it was completely flat.  We turned on the hazard lights and Scott got to work jacking up the car and changing the tire.  I was really helpful by holding the flashlight : ) Nobody pulled over to help us, so Scott did it all by himself.  I was so impressed that he stayed calm and knew exactly what to do.  Well, needless to say, we didn't make it to the reception, but we felt very blessed that we were able to get our of the scary part of town and change the tire just in time, before it was ripped to shreds.  We know that this was not a coincidence and that we were watched over that night.  We are thankful for Heavenly Father's guidance, and I am thankful for a husband who knew what to do, and parents who taught him well.  

4 comments:

nicole said...

love the picture

Jamielyn said...

amen sista! I'm glad we have husbands who actually know what to do when a tire blows out...it's happened a couple times now! I love that quote...so true! Love you girl!

emily said...

I would be holding the flashlight too :)

Brittany~ Mrs. Arizona American Spirit said...

You guys are just to dang cute :)