May 6, 2011

Spring into Spring! Here's the semi-anual run down of what to look for in fashion this spring.

1. Kitten Heel.



Lauren Conrad calls the kitten heel the "mullet of shoes." I admit I used to agree with her, but Lauren Conrad is not going to be a mom anytime soon. I had a heck of a time trying to get my friend's baby seat in my car wearing my 4" heels. I just may embrace this trend for the first time. : )

2. Wide Leg Jeans.



What a refreshing alternative to skinnies! Take your tips from these models by pairing the jean with a fitted, but not skin tight top, and balance the width of the pants by wearing a chunky heel or wedge. You can also further define the waist by tucking in the top and accessorizing with a skinny belt.

3. Romantic florals.

Splashing their way into the spring runways one way or another, this season florals take a less obvious approach and are showing up on fluid fabrics and romantic prints. When wearing a center stage print such as this, avoid overdoing accessories by sticking with simple sandals and minimal jewelry.

Here is a version of the trend available at White House Black Market.

And here is a budget friendly version of the trend available at Forever 21

4. 1970's inspired.

Check out my darling sister's blogpost on 70's inspiration.

No comments: